I know I'm a little late in saying this, but HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I love when a new year begins, not only because my birthday will be right around the corner (January 17th, *hint, hint*), but it's a time for a fresh start.
A chance to start over.
Make something right from something wrong (if this is the case).
To see yourself in a new light.
It's a time for change.
I will be creating a better version of myself this year. I want to be the best I can in so many ways. In order for this makeover to be completed, I had to write a list of goals. Resolutions sounds too fancy, in my opinion, and they have the tendency to not last. Goals on the other hand sound more long term, therefore, that's what I'll be making and accomplishing (hopefully).
I won't reveal every goal, because some are really personal, but I will say that my goals pertain to my physical well being, my spirituality, my mental and emotional health, and some other aspects of my life.
I want to be healthy. So far I'm good minus a spot found on my left thyroid in my PET scan results. I will be having a biopsy on my birthday. I pray it's nothing cancerous or serious. Fitness is also very important to me. This is the year that I will reach my goals. So far I've been doing really well. This is only day 4! :)
Spiritually, I am going to read my scriptures every night and that has been happening. Also, my parents and I have been reading the Book of Mormon every night together since Sunday. It's been really nice. Helps us relax after work and dinner and just spend some spiritual time together.
If you're wondering about my mental and emotional health, it's nothing like depression or anything in that category. I've been feeling really good lately and I'd like to keep that up. I just have to remind myself that Satan doesn't want us to feel happiness in any way and will do what he can in order to stop us and we have the choice to choose happiness over evil. Being positive, self-confident, and optimistic is something I want to be permanently. I'm working on that.
Well, it's getting late here in Korea so I need to do my stretches and get ready for bed.
Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Looks and Sounds Great. I will be saying my prayers about your PET scan. Keep us (I can say us because I am currently two people) updated. :)
Melinda. You are so great. And I may steal some of those resolutions. I'm excited that you started a blog, because I love following friends' blogs. Happy New Year to you too!!!!!
Melinda, I will keep you in my prayers. You are such an inspiration! I learned that every bad thought or depressed thought is something from Satan, and that if you can recognize the "Satanic Spin", then you will be able to spin it back and find the positive. It is something that I have been working on for the last few months. As long as you recognize it before too long, you will be able to stay positive!! I hope you keep to your goals! Just know that I think you are amazing! And I miss you!!
BTW, I LOVE your layout!!! Will you fix mine?? It's so boring and not my personality at all!
Hey Mindy! I love your blog and your layout! I'm working on creating my own blog too...I'm still working on the layou and my first post...which is why it looks horrible right now. I did want to ask if you could dsign a layout for me! Let me know! I will be praying that your tests go well and it is nothing serious.
Awesome goals!! :) Good luck with the scan hopefully everything will be okay! Glad to see you back up and running on your blog too :P
Mindy! All I have to say is I'm so glad its the NEW YEAR so you will finally be BLOGGING! Hehehehehe...and yes I'm excited to be celebrating your birfday with you! :D And I hope your PET scan shows good results. And we can be healthy together this year (at least the months we'll be in Korea together). And I want to know on the details of...hmm...you know...did we make up a name for that/it? Heheheh love you!
YAY!! You are back to blogging!! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment